Do you want to use the “Pinch to zoom” gesture to work on Firefox, and you don’t know “how to”? Don’t worry it is really very easy to enable this “zoom function” within Firefox on a Mac!Continue reading “Enable Firefox zoom on Mac OSX”
By default the “pinch open” and “close zoom” options are not working in Firefox on OSX. But it’s not that hard to enable the Firefox zoom settings, if you know how to do it…
Go to a new tab, type in “about:config” and hit <Enter>.
Click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
You can now modify the related browser.gesture preferences by changing the values as stated below:
- browser.gesture.pinch.in -> cmd_fullZoomReduce
- browser.gesture.pinch.in.shift -> cmd_fullZoomReset
- browser.gesture.pinch.out -> cmd_fullZoomEnlarge
- browser.gesture.pinch.out.shift -> cmd_fullZoomReset
- browser.gesture.pinch.latched -> false
Once you have changed the preferences, close the tab and the new settings should work. You might want to restart Firefox!?
Suggestions for improving this article are welcome, please let me know and drop me a line.